Age: 12 months +
Will feed a family of 4.
2kg veal osso bucco (cut into 3 -4 cm pieces)
1 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
1 green pepper
1 red pepper/yellow pepper
1 celery stalk
1 large carrot
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 glass of wine (optional)
1 cup of beef stock (salt reduced)
1 cup of water
1 tin diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1. Brown meat and remove from pot.
2. Brown onion, carrot celery and garlic until soft.
3. Return meat and add stock, water, (Wine), tomato paste, rosemary and tinned tomatoes. Bring to boil and simmer for 1.5hours covered.
4. Add diced eggplant. Cook uncovered for 15 mins.
5. Add peppers. Cook uncovered for 15 mins. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve with rice, potato or pasta.
This recipe can be mashed, cut up into small pieces and/or served up for adults.
You can use any veg you want.