Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 unpeeled orange, cut up
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
1. Cut washed orange into 7 or 8 pieces. Remove seeds.
2. Combine orange pieces and juice and blend in blender or food processor. Add egg, butter
and vanilla to mixture. Blend.
3. Pour into a medium size bowl.
4. In a separate bowl measure flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together
thoroughly. Mix dry mixture with orange batter only until well combined.
5. Add choclolate chips and mix gently to avoid overmixing.
6. Fill greased muffin tin ¾ full and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C.
7. Watch carefully as these bake quickly. Remove from tins after 5 minutes of cooling.