Honey and Macadamia Baked Cheesecake
1 1/4 cups macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
150g sweet plain biscuits (such as Nice)
100g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 160Â°C. Grease and line base and sides of a 6cm deep, 22cm (base) springform cake pan. Place macadamias on a baking tray and roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool.
2. Break biscuits into large pieces and place in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add butter and process until well combined. Press biscuit mixture into base of pan. Refrigerate until required.
3. Wash and dry food processor. Combine cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup honey in food processor. Process until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, processing until well combined. Add sour cream and process until just combined.
4. Spread two thirds of the macadamias over biscuit base. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons remaining honey. Carefully pour over cheesecake filling. Place on a flat tray and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn off oven and open oven door. Allow cheesecake to cool completely in oven. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, if time permits.
5. Sprinkle remaining macadamias over cheesecake. Place remaining 1 tablespoon honey in a microwave-safe jug. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds or until warm and runny. Drizzle over cheesecake and serve.
Super Food Ideas – September 2006 , Page 78
Recipe by Janelle Bloom