450g icing sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
100g unsalted butter
half teaspoon vanilla essence
1. First sift half of the icing sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Cut up the marshmallows into halves and melt them gently in a pan with the butter and milk.
3. Add a few drops of food colouring to the pan and mix in well.
4. Pour the mixture into the well of icing sugar and mix.
5. Add the rest of the icing sugar bits at time mixing it in completely before adding more.
6. Once the mixture is very stiff leave it for 10 mins or so to cool.
7. When cool, flatten out a bit, wrap in cling film and put it in the fridge for up to 3 hours.
8. Roll out the fudge and use a tiny cookie cutter if you want to make some shapes, or just cut into squares.
9. Keep in an air-tight container in the fridge and they will usually last up to a week.