Easy Christmas Pudding
3 cups Mixed Fruit
2/3 cup Pitted Prunes, chopped
1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped
Juice and grated rind of 1 orange
1/3 cup brandy
2/3 cup thickened cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Combine fruit, nuts, orange juice and rind and brandy in a bowl and mix well.
2. In another bowl whisk the eggs, cream and sugar together.
3. Sift flour, spices and bicarb soda over the fruit, and stir in the egg mixture.
4. Line a greased 5 cup pudding basin with baking paper, and pour in the mixture.
5. Cover with paper and foil, or the lid, and set in a saucepan with warm water half way up sides of basin. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and boil for 5 hours.
6. Lift pudding from the steamer, remove paper and invert onto a plate. Leave to cool for an hour, then wrap in a double thickness of foil and refrigerate until needed.
TIP: To reheat, return to the pudding basin, cover and boil for 2 hours to reheat before serving, or wrap slices loosely in plastic wrap and microwave until heated through.
Submitted by Robyn