Duck a la Orange
4 duck breasts
2 oranges, zest and juice
1/4 cup white wine
1 Tbsp orange liqueur
Salt and pepper
1. Using a sharp knife score the skin evenly about four or five times this allows excess fat from under the skin to escape.
2. Heat a suitable oven pan.
3. Lightly season the duck portions with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. When the pan is hot place the breasts in skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes until the skin begins to brown.
5. Turn over and cook for 1-2 minutes and then place into a hot oven 200C for approximately 8-9 mins.
6. When cooked remove from the pan and keep rest for about 10 mins, this will allow the juices to settle.
7. Pour the duck fat into a suitable container and put the pan back onto the stove on a high heat, deglaze the pan with the white wine and let it reduce down by half.
8. Add the orange liqueur and allow to boil add the orange juice allow to reduce to a nice syrupy sauce.
9. Pour a little of the sauce onto the plate. Slice the duck breast 2-3 times on the angle and arrange on warmed plates.