Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins
75g butter, cut into cubes
200g Cooking Chocolate, broken into pieces
3/4 cup Evaporated Milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk Choc Bits
1/4 cup cream cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200Â°C. Lightly grease deep muffin pans.
2. Place the butter and Cooking Chocolate in a bowl. Bring a small quantity of water to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and place the bowl of chocolate firmly on top. Stir while the chocolate and butter melt. Remove the bowl.
3. Beat the egg. Stir in the Evaporated Milk and vanilla essence. Gradually stir the egg mixture into the chocolate.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Add the Choc Bits. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture in to the well and stir until the dry ingredients are just dampened.
6. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin pan, then place 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on top. Add the remaining mixture to almost fill each muffin pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly in the centre.