Decadent Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
450g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
2 1/2 caster sugar
1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 cups cocoa
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 140c. Line 3 muffin trays with 26 foil cupcake cases.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, and caster sugar in a heavy based saucepan, and mix continuously with a flat-bottomed wooden spoon over low heat, until mixture is smooth and melted.
3. Sift almond meal, and cocoa into bowl. Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat for 1 minute on low speed. The mixture should be thoroughly combined.
4. dd eggs two at a time, beating after each addition until the mixture is well combined. Do not over beat or too much air will be incorporated and the cupcakes will crack during baking. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
5. Divide evenly between cases (3/4 full), and bake for 30 minutes, or until a fine skewer comes out clean.
6. Remove from trays and cool on wire rack for 40 minutes before icing.