Chocolate Cornflake Slice
3/4 cup (50g) shredded coconut
3/4 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
2 cups (60g) cornflakes
1/2 cup (95g) dark Choc Bits
185g butter, melted, cooled
1 egg, beaten lightly
125g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (180C). Grease and line the base and two long sides of a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan, extending paper 2cm above the edge of the pan.
2. Combine coconut, sugar, sifted flour, cornflakes and Choc Bits in a large bowl. Stir in the combined butter and egg. Press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan. Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or until browned lightly; stand the slice in the pan for five minutes. Turn the slice onto a wire rack to cool.
3. Cut the slice into pieces. Place the melted chocolate into a small piping bag and drizzle over each piece.
* Suitable to freeze.
* Chocolate suitable to microwave.
* If you do not have a small piping bag, place the melted chocolate in a small plastic sandwich bag and snip off one corner. If the chocolate starts to set while you are piping, microwave for about five seconds on high power.