Choc-Cherry Coconut Slice
2 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
400g red glace cherries, halved
395g can sweetened condensed milk
100g copha, melted
red food colouring, to tint
375g bag dark choc melts
1. Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Combine coconut, cherries, milk and Copha in a large bowl. Tint mixture pink with red food colouring. Knead to combine. Set aside.
3. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Stir bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Spread half the chocolate over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes, or until set.
4. Firmly press coconut mixture over chocolate.
5. Spread remaining chocolate over coconut mixture. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until set.
6. Lift slice from pan. Using a serrated knife, cut into small bars.