Chicken, Sweet Corn and Bacon Soup
5 rashers bacon, rind and fat trimmed, finely chopped
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 trimmed celery sticks, finely chopped
3 x 420g can sweet corn kernels, rinsed, drained
1.5 litres salt reduced chicken stock
2 large (400g) single chicken breast fillets
3 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
Salt and ground white pepper
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium high heat; add bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in onion, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes then transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add the corn, stock and water and stir to combine. Add chicken. Place lid on and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
4. Use tongs to transfer chicken to a bowl. Use a stick blender to blend soup until almost smooth.
5. Shred chicken and add to soup along with the onions. Taste and season with salt and ground white pepper; replace lid and allow to reheat for 30 minutes on high. Serve.