125g butter, chopped
125g dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup plain flour, sifted
1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
250g packet cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
1/4 cup caster sugar
Extra cocoa, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180Â°C. Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan.
2. Combine butter, chocolate and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Whisk in eggs.
3. Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder together. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and caster sugar together until smooth. Dollop cheese mixture over chocolate mixture. Swirl with a skewer.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Dust with cocoa, if desired.
Tip: Brownie should be firm but moist in the centre.