140g Plain Flour
55g castor sugar
110g brown sugar
2 Tbsp golden syrup
400ml tin Condensed Milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
140g cooking chocolate
1. Mix together castor sugar and flour for base. Melt butter and add to flour mixture.
2. Press into a 7/8 inch square tin and bake for 20 minutes in a moderate oven.
3. Place all filling ingredients into a pot and cook on very low heat till butter is melted. Turn right down to a simmer and simmer till caramel colour, around 8 minutes.
4. Pour caramel over base and allow to cool.
5. Melt chocolate and pour over caramel.
6. Let set and cut into squares.