Caramel Fudge Cookies
2 cups (300g) dark chocolate Melts
400g can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups (300g) plain flour
1/2 cup (60g) toasted hazelnuts, chopped finely
3 x 55g rolls Caramello chocolates
1/2 cup (60g) toasted hazelnuts, extra, chopped coarsely
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (180°C). Line oven trays with baking paper.
2. Combine the chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a medium saucepan, stir over low heat until mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl combine the sifted flour and finely chopped hazelnuts, then stir in the chocolate mixture.
4. Shape tablespoons of cookie mixture around a Caramello chocolate, then dip the top of each cookie into the extra hazelnuts. Place cookies, hazelnut-side up, on trays.
5. Bake in a moderate oven for about 9 minutes or until just set. The cookies will appear soft and shiny, but will firm on cooling.
Cookies suitable to freeze baked or unbaked.
Chocolate mixture suitable to microwave.
Note: This recipe makes 34 cookies and can be made a week ahead; store in an airtight container.