Blueberry, Cocoa and Buttermilk Muffins
300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
125g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk choc bits
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 190Â°C (fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole, 125ml (1/2-cup) capacity muffin tin with butter or line with paper cases.
2. Sift the self-raising flour, caster sugar and cocoa into a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Stir in the choc bits and blueberries, reserving some of the berries to scatter on top of the muffins.
4. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
5. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin so the holes are three-quarters full. Sprinkle with the extra caster sugar and reserved berries. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until the muffins are firm with a crusty top.