Banana and Pineapple Cake
3 medium over-ripe bananas
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup undrained crushed pineapple
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp imitation rum essence
icing-sugar mixture for dusting
sliced banana to decorate
1. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; line base and two opposite sides with baking paper, extending paper 5 cm above edge of pan.
2. Mash bananas with juice in a small bowl until smooth.
3. Combine sifted dry ingredients with bananas, sugar, pineapple, nuts, oil and essence in a large bowl. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
4. Cook in a moderated oven, 180C, for about 35 minutes, or until cooked, when tested. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Serve cake cut into squares; dust with icing-sugar mixture. Decorated with banana slices.