Asparagus and bacon Quiche
Serves approximately: 6 people
8-10 Sheets of Filo Pastry
1 tablespoon of oil
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of crushed garlic
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of sour cream
3 strips of bacon
2/3 cup of milk
1/4 cup of grated Romano cheese
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1 x 450 gram can of asparagus spears drained
1. lightly grease a 24 cm flan tin with oil.
2. place first pastry sheet in tin, brush top with water, then add the other pastry sheet, keep on doing the same until tin is covered in pastry sheets (Should have a thickness of approx five sheets).
3. Place tin on oven tray, and heat for ten minutes in a moderate oven (190C).
4. When time expires, take tray out and leave to cool.
5. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan, add onion, garlic and cook until soft, do the same to the bacon.
6. Combine eggs, sour cream, onion, bacon, milk cheeses in a bowl; mix well.
7. Drain and arrange asparagus over the base of the pastry, then pour egg mixture over the top.
8. Cook in a moderate oven (180c) for about 45-60 minutes, or until well browned and firm.
9. Serve Quiche.