9 ounces butter
1 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
28 ounces can unsweetened pie apple
2 tablespoons sugar, extra
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
2. Stir in sifted flour and spices.
3. Spread half the mixture over the base of a greased 7×11″ tin.
4. Spread evenly with apple. Sprinkle with extra sugar.
5. Spread remaining mixture evenly over the apple.
6. Bake 375Â° F for 50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the tin, then turn onto a rack to cool.
7. Cut into slices and sprinkle with icing sugar.