Tagine of Beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
2kg lean gravy beef, cubed
2 large onions, sliced
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup Moroccan seasoning
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups beef stock
2 strips lemon rind
2 cups tomato puree
1 cup dates, seeded and halved
1/3 cup honey
3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup flaked almonds, toasted
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add meat in batches and cook over a medium heat until well browned. Drain on paper towel.
2. Add onion to the non-stick pan, cook until golden brown. Stir in garlic, Moroccan seasoning, cinnamon, stock, lemon rind and tomato puree.
3. Place meat and onion mixture in the removable crockery bowl. Cover with lid and cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-5 hours.
4. Stir in dates and honey 1 hour before end of cooking. Replace lid and continue cooking.
5. Spoon Tagine into serving bowls, top with parsley and almonds.
Serve hot accompanied with steamed cous cous, baby carrots, cauliflower florets and green beans.