80g caster sugar
30g icing sugar
300g plain flour
75g rice flour
75g macadamia nuts, finely chopped
40g caster sugar, extra
1. Beat the butter, 80g of caster sugar and 30g icing sugar in a bowl until lightly aerated.
2. Sift in the plain flour and rice flour. Add the nut to the mixture and begin till gently press the mixture together until it forms a ball. A small amount of kneading will be necessary but do not over work the mix or it will become tough.
3. Divide the mix in half and place each half between two sheets of baking paper.
4. Gently roll out each portion to fit a 22cm fluted tin. Remove the top layer of paper and place the tin over the dough, press down to cut the dough into a round shape.
5. Cut the dough into 12 wedges and place on a baking sheet.
6. Dock with a fork, sprinkle with the extra sugar and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 155°C.
8. Bake for 20minutes making sure that the shortbread does not colour in the oven.
9. Remove from the oven and allow cooling on a wire rack.