Hazelnut Swirl Cheesecake
100g Marie biscuits
50g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
4 tablespoons Frangelico liqueur
3 teaspoons gelatine
2 tablespoons water
300ml cream, lightly whipped
2 tablespoons milk
100g (4 rows) Dark Cooking Chocolate, finely chopped
1. Roast the hazelnuts on a baking tray in a hot oven for 5-10 minutes. Cool slightly, then place the nuts in an oven bag and rub the husks off.
2. Finely grind the nuts in a food processor. Add the biscuits and process to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture over the base of a 22 cm spring form pan. Chill.
3. Beat the cream cheese, caster sugar and liqueur until smooth. Soften the gelatine in the water, then dissolve over hot water or in the microwave. Add the gelatine to the cheese mixture. Fold through the cream.
4. In a saucepan bring the milk to the boil. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir to melt.
5. Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Drag a knife or teaspoon through the mixture, filling with the chocolate sauce as you go.
6. Gently swirl with a skewer to give a marbled effect. Chill to set.
Note: Frangelico is a hazelnut-flavoured liqueur.