Chocolate Mud Cake
500g dark chocolate
15ml vanilla essence
550g bakers flour (50/50 self-raising flour, plain flour)
75g cocoa powder
10g bi-carb soda
1. Heat milk and butter. Remove from heat add chopped chocolate. Stir until fully melted. Cool.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar to a full sponge consistency, add the cooled chocolate mixture on a low speed. Add rum and vanilla essence.
3. Sieve flour, cocoa powder, salt and bi-carb.
4. Carefully mix the flour into chocolate mixture.
5. Bake at 180c for 40 minutes (Cook on grease paper so the base does not burn).
Comments: Once cooked the cake should be coated with a chocolate ganache (900g cream warmed and add 1300g dark chocolate grated).