Choc Chip Cookies
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
2 cups choc chips
1. Heat oven to 165C. Line baking tray with paper to stop sticking.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Then mix in the sifted ingredients until just combined. Add the choc chips and mix by hand with wooden spoon. Refrigerate mixture for about 30 mins.
4. Drop cookie dough onto baking tray in 1/4 cups dollops. An ice cream scoop is perfect! Leave plenty of room as they will spread heaps and heaps.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven until light brown and edges lightly toasted. Cool on baking tray for a couple of minutes, then transfer to wire rack.