Avocado and Prawn Salad
The dressing and prawns can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge.
Slice the avocados at the last minute as they tend to discolour if prepared too far in advance.
2 ripe, but not too soft, avocados
200g fresh cooked prawns, shell on, if possible
100g wild rocket
For the Dressing Mix:
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 small shallot, finely chopped
3â€“4 drops Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Halve the avocado and remove the stone. Cut the halves in half again and carefully remove the skin. Slice the avocado into long slivers, lay on a plate and squeeze over the lemon juice.
3. Peel the prawns, leaving eight or so with their tails on.
4. Divide the rocket between four plates and drizzle with more lemon juice. Arrange the avocados and prawns on top, garnishing each with the tails-on prawns.
5. Place a dollop of dressing in the centre of the salad or hand around separately in a small bowl.