All-In-One Patty Cakes
3 tablespoons butter (3 x 20ml spoons)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup S.R. flour (sifted)
1 tablespoon butter (greasing)
Preheat oven to 190C.
1. Grease and flour cake tin.
2. Measure all ingredients into small bowl.
3. Mix well by beating with electric beater for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Scrape mixture into patty papers.
5. Bake in moderate oven 20-30 minutes.
6. Ice when cold.
1 cup sifted icing sugar mixture
1 dessertspoon butter/margarine
1. Sift icing sugar into bowl.
2. Mix in butter with back of spoon.
3. Add warm water a little at a time till icing is firm consistency.
4. Spread on cake using knife or back of spoon.
Sultana Cake – add 1/2 cup sultanas before adding to tin
Chocolate Cake – add 2 tablespoons cocoa to sifter with flour