Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large brown onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tablespoons curry powder
3 teaspoons ground cumin
800g can diced tomatoes
1/2 lemon, juiced
300g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
150g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
1 large carrot, peeled, diced
1 small red capsicum, diced
250g cauliflower, cut into florets
100g button mushrooms, halved
4 small yellow squash, halved
250g broccoli, cut into florets
steamed jasmine rice and natural yoghurt, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Add garlic, curry powder and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
4. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Add 1/2 cup cold water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, chickpeas and vegetables. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
6. Spoon curry into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Spoon curry over rice. Serve with yoghurt.