4-8 thick sausages
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 med-large onion, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
1 heaped tsp ginger, freshly grated
2 tbsp curry powder
1 can diced tomatoes, drained a little
2 cups chicken stock
salt and pepper, freshly ground
1/4 cup pineapple pieces
1 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
1. Blanch sausages in simmering water until firm to the touch. Then drain very well and sautÃ© in hot oil in a non-stick pan until brown. Set aside.
2. Add celery, onion, carrot, garlic and ginger and gently sautÃ© until softish. Then add curry powder, stir and cook to toast.
3. Then add tomatoes, stock and seasonings. Mix well and gently simmer for about 10 mins to reduce a little. Taste for seasoning.
4. Add pineapple pieces and parsley, and return sausages to pan. Baste a bit and turn sausages over a few times to heat through.
5. To serve, mound rice on each plate and top with 1-2 sausages and sauce.