Steamed Lemon Cake
3/4 cup caster sugar
75g butter, melted, cooled
2 tablespoons double thick cream
2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
1 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup lemon curd
200ml double thick cream
1. Grease and line a 6cm deep, 22cm (base) springform cake pan.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Stir in butter, cream, lemon rind and 1/3 cup lemon juice. Sift flour and baking powder together over egg mixture. Gently fold into batter. Spread into prepared pan. Smooth surface.
3. Place pan in a large steamer basket over a wok of simmering water. Cover with steamer lid or foil. Top up boiling water in wok to almost reach base of steamer basket. Cover wok with a lid or foil. Steam over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Make lemon cream: Combine lemon curd and cream in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
5. Run a knife around edge of cake pan. Release pan side. Slice cake and serve warm with a dollop of lemon cream.