Simple Chicken Risotto
Age: 6 months +
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
300g mince lean chicken
2 mushrooms, brushed and thinly sliced
1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 stick celery
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup Arborio rice (Arborio is a plump short grain rice which is ideal for risotto)
3 cups homemade chicken stock
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes, stirring over a medium heat.
2. Add the minced chicken and brown, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, tomato, celery, mint and parsley. Stir well and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the rice then add the stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice tender. Add extra liquid if necessary.
5. Blend or mouli a portion for your baby.