Chunky Fish Chowder
2 large leeks, trimmed, cleaned and sliced
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2kg white boneless fish fillets, cubed
1 litre chicken stock
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper, if desired
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
1. Place prepared leeks, potatoes and fish into the removable crockery bowl.
2. Combine chicken stock and milk, season to taste and pour over vegetables and fish.
3. Cover with lid and cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 4 hours.
4. Stir in cream and nutmeg 1/2 hour before end of cooking. Replace lid and continue cooking.
5. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top each serve with a light sprinkle of shallots.