Chilli Con Carne
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1.5kg mince beef
1 tablespoon ground cumin
3 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup beef stock
2 bay leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large frypan, heat oil over medium high heat and cook onions and garlic for 2-
3 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft.
2. Add mince to frypan in batches and cook until mince is brown and crumbly.
3. Stir through dried spices and cook a further 1 minute until fragrant.
4. Transfer mixture to slow cooker, add tomatoes, red kidney beans and bay leaves. Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours.
5. Remove bay leaves and season to taste, serve with rice or tortillas.