Lemon and Yogurt Cake
2 medium lemons
100g caster sugar
160g (2/3 cup yogurt)
175g sifted SR flour
extra 50g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease a 20cm ring pan with melted butter.
3. Finely grate lemon rind and reserve juice.
4. Beat 100g caster sugar with butter until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add yogurt and lemon rind, beat until combined. Gently fold in sifted flour with metal spoon until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan and smooth surface. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and place cake pan on wire rack.
7. Combine lemon juice and extra 50g caster sugar in a small sauce pan and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, bring to boil and simmer over medium to low heat for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour hot lemon syrup over warm cake and cool cake in the pan.
To Serve: Turn the cake onto a serving plate and remove the cake pan. Top with whipped cream and berries.