Rocky Road Chocolate Brownie Slice
Melted butter, to grease
200g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
150g butter, chopped
270g (1 1/4 cups) caster sugar
115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
80g mini baking marshmallows
120g (3/4 cup) unsalted peanuts
50g (2/3 cup) shredded coconut
200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 7cm-deep, 10.5 x 20.5cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Place the milk chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
3. Combine the sugar, flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and eggs and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre.
4. Meanwhile, to make the topping: Combine the marshmallows, peanuts and coconut in a bowl. Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
5. Add the dark chocolate to the marshmallow mixture and stir until well combined. Press firmly over the brownie. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into slices to serve.