Robyn’s Chicken Pate
175g (or 6oz) of butter
2 onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 kg Chicken Livers, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 Bay leaf
Pinch of Thyme
Salt and Pepper, amount to your taste
50 – 75mls Brandy * see note
1. Melt 125g (or 4oz) of the butter in a frying pan. Add the onions and garlic and fry until soft.
2. Add chicken livers and fry for about 3 – 4 minutes.
3. Add the parsley, bay leaf, thyme and salt and pepper, and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaf.
5. Allow the mixture to cool.
6. Melt the remaining butter and add to mixture.
7. Stir in the Brandy.
8. Puree in the blender until smooth. Put into aluminium foil lined pate moulds, cover with more foil and chill.
* The brandy is optional but it should be noted that if used, the pate can be frozen for up to two months.