Oven-Baked Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
1/4 cup olive oil
1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200g button mushrooms, sliced
2 cups arborio rice
4 cups chicken stock
2 large chicken breast fillets, trimmed
1 lemon, rind finely grated
2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add leek, garlic and mushroom. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute. Add stock and bring to the boil.
4. Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until stock is almost absorbed.
5. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
7. Transfer to a plate. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
8. Stir chicken, lemon rind and tarragon into risotto.
9. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve.