Mexican Tortilla Pie
2 tsp olive oil
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500g beef mince
1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
2 tsp Mexican chilli powder
415g can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup torn coriander leaves
4 salsa flavoured tortillas
1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 large tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Reserve 2 Tbsp of red onion. Add garlic and remaining onion to pan. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until browned.
4. Add capsicum, corn and chilli powder. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until capsicum is just tender. Stir in the diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer stirring for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick.
5. Add half the coriander and season with salt. Stir to combine set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
6. Place a 6cm deep, 20 cm round springform pan on a baking tray. Place 1 tortilla in base of pan. Spread one-third of the mince mixture over the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup grated cheese. Repeat layers twice with remaining tortillas, mince mixture and cheese. Finish with 1 tortilla and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Set aside for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
8. Meanwhile, combine chopped tomato reserved onion and coriander in a bowl.
Serve pie with tomato mixture.