Photo by EmmCee
Griddled Eggplants with Feta, Mint and Chilli
2 large eggplants, each cut thinly, lengthwise, into about 10 slices
4 Tbsp olive oil
250g feta cheese
1 large red chilli, finely chopped (deseeded optional for milder)
large bunch fresh mint, finely chopped, with some saved for sprinkling over at the end
juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the barbeque or griddle to a high heat.
3. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the oil, and cook them for about 2 minutes each side until golden and tender.
4. Crumble the feta into a bowl and stir in the chilli, mint and lemon juice and grind in some black pepper.
5. Pile the end third of each warm eggplant slice with a heaped teaspoon of the feta mixture and roll each slice up as you go to form a soft, stuffed bundle.
6. Place join side down on a plate, and sprinkle with a little more mint.
Makes 20 rolls.
Photo by Rebecca Payn