Chocolate and Banana Pizza with Vanilla Ice-Cream
200g Bitter Chocolate Buttons (Or Shavings)
50g Dough (Recipe Below)
4 Ripe Not Brown Bananas
150g Pure Icing Sugar
1L Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave and stir in butter and cream.
2. Pour into a small bowl and chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until set, then tip out and dice.
3. Peel and slice banana, squeeze over lemon juice and toss.
4. Roll out a 50g portion of dough, top with 4-6 small cubes of chocolate and spread with sliced banana.
5. Bake in the Pizza Chef for 4-6 minutes (longer in a regular oven) then transfer to a plate.
6. Roll one scoop of ice-cream in the icing sugar and drop on top of the hot pizza.
7. Dust with more icing sugar and serve.
400g Strong Flour
50ml Olive Oil
7 1/2g Yeast
1. A good electric mixer (we used a Kitchen Aid) with a dough hook attachment is invaluable when it comes to making pizza dough, but if you’re feeling particularly strong you can use your hands instead.
2. The dough won’t be as silky smooth though.
3. Whisk water, oil and yeast together.
4. Sift flour, semolina and salt together in a mixing bowl.
5. With mixer on low and dough hook attached, add the wet ingredients all at once and then raise speed to high.
6. Mix until you have a silky smooth dough; about 10 minutes.
7. Leave to prove for as long as you can – overnight is ideal.