Photo by Julie O’Malley
Chicken with Port Cream and Fettuccine
115g sun dried tomatoes
2-3 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup port
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
Fresh tarragon sprigs, optional as decoration
1. In a small bowl, soak tomatoes in warm water to cover until soft (about 1 hour). Drain well, chop coarsely and set aside.
2. Rinse chicken, pat dry. Melt butter in a wide frypan over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook turning once until well browned on outside and no longer pink in centre. Lift out and keep warm.
3. To pan drippings, add port and cream. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil uncovered stirring occasionally until large shiny bubbles form about 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
5. While pasta is cooking, mix tomatoes, chicken, and any chicken juices into cream mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Drain pasta well, transfer to a warm deep platter. Top with chicken mixture then garnish with tarragon sprigs.