Chicken and Leek Casserole
1/4 cup plain flour
8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved crossways
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 leek, halved, washed, sliced
4 rashers bacon, rind removed, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
100g button mushrooms, sliced
100g green beans, trimmed, halved
1 cup couscous
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place flour in a large plastic bag and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off any excess flour.
2. Heat butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden. Remove to a plate.
3. Add leek, bacon and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until leek is tender. Add 2 cups stock, wine and mushrooms. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof dish. Add chicken. Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Remove cover and add beans. Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Pour remaining 1 cup stock into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour stock over couscous and stir to combine. Cover and stand for 4 to 5 minutes or until stock is absorbed. Stir gently with a fork to separate grains.
5. Spoon couscous into bowls. Spoon over chicken casserole and serve.