250g savoirardi biscuits (sponge fingers)
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1 cup water
3 tablespoons icing sugar
500g mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons coffee flavoured liqueur
50g (2 rows) Cadbury Dark Cooking Chocolate, grated Cadbury Bournville Cocoa
1. Line a 15 cm square pan with aluminium foil. Place a layer of sponge fingers over the base to completely cover.
2. Dissolve the instant coffee in hot water. Spoon about half the coffee over the biscuits to moisten.
3. Whip together the eggs and sugar until pale and thick.
4. Combine the mascarpone and coffee flavoured liqueur, then add to the egg mixture. Fold through the grated chocolate. Spread two-thirds of the mascarpone mixture over the sponge finger base.
5. Dip the rest of the sponge fingers in the remaining coffee and press onto the cheese layer. Cover with the remaining mascarpone mixture. Chill.
6. Dust liberally with sifted cocoa to serve.