Thin and Crispy Pizza Bases
Makes: 2 small pizza bases
Olive oil, to grease
250ml (1 cup) lukewarm water
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
450g (3 cups) plain flour, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 140g container pizza sauce, optional
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Brush two 25cm pizza trays with oil to grease.
2. Combine water and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle with the yeast and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes or until foaming.
3. Meanwhile, sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in centre and add yeast mixture and oil. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring together. (It should be soft and slightly sticky.)
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6 minutes or until almost smooth. Divide the dough in half and cover with a clean damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 minutes.
5. Roll each dough portion out to line greased pizza trays. Spread bases with pizza sauce, if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until golden and crisp.