Sweet Chilli Pull-Apart
Photo by Alecia
Sweet Chilli Pull-Aparts
1 pack Lauckes crusty white bread mix (600g)
2 teaspoons yeast (provided with bread mix)
3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1. Make the bread as per the packets instructions. After you have knocked it down and gently kneaded it the second time, roll the dough into golf-ball sized balls. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the dough balls far enough apart so that there is approximately 5mm between each dough ball.
3. Place in a warm place until bread has doubled in size again.
4. Once doubled in size, brush the sweet chilli sauce on using a pastry brush and cook immediately. (see note)
5. Place in the oven and cook on 200°C for approximately 20 minutes. Check the bread occasionally to ensure it is cooking evenly.
Note: This recipe will make two medium-sized pull aparts, or one very large one.
Do not put sweet chilli sauce on until you are ready to cook it. The sweet chilli sauce seems to eat at the bread if left on too long before cooking. You could partially cook the bread and then put the sauce on half way through if you wish.