Photo by Julie O’Malley
Silverbeet and Pumpkin Lasagne
1 bunch silverbeet, sliced
1/2 pumpkin, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
2 cups tasty cheese, grated
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
4 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tub cream cheese
1. Melt butter in saucepan; add flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
2. Add milk and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens. Add cream cheese, garlic and 1 cup of tasty cheese. Stir until melted.
3. Place a layer of pumpkin slices in base of a roasting dish. Add a layer of silverbeet and a layer of onions. Spoon 1/3 of sauce over vegetables. Sprinkle with a little parmesan. Top with lasagne sheets. Repeat until all ingredients are used up, ending with cheese sauce.
4. Mix remaining cheeses together and sprinkle evenly over lasagne.
5. Bake at 200C for 40 minutes or until browned on top.
Note: You can partially cook the pumpkin and onion before hand so they are nice and soft once lasagne is cooked.