2 cups S.R. Flour
2 tablespoons butter (2 x 20ml spoons)
50ml milk (extra)
pinch salt (optional)
1/2 cup S.R. flour (extra)
1 tablespoon butter greasing
Preheat oven to 220C.
1. Sift flour and salt into large bowl.
2. Rub in butter till resembles fine bread crumbs.
3. Make a well in the centre, add 200mls milk and mix well with a flat bladed knife. If mixture is not sticky add a little more milk.
4. Turn onto a floured bench. Knead lightly. Press out to 2cm thick. Cut with floured scone cutter close together. Remove excess dough, reknead and cut some more scones.
5. Place close together on a greased tray. Glaze. Bake in a hot oven 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove and wrap in tea towel till cool.
1/3 C Sultana
1/3 C Mixed fruit
1/3 C Grated cheese
1/3 C Dates chopped
1/3 C Raisins
1/3 C Diced ham
Roll out and spread with cinnamon and stewed apple. Roll up and cut.
Use as a pizza base.
Roll out and fill with chopped gherkin, diced meat and cheese. Reroll and cut.