1/2 cup peas or 1/2 cup corn or 1/2 cup capsicum
1 stalk capsicum
1 stalk celery
2 tablespoons tomato sauce (2 x 20ml spoons)
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (1 x 20ml spoon)
1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 beef stock cube crumbled
1 cup water
2 tablespoons plain flour (2 x 20ml spoons)
1. Wash, peel (where necessary) vegetables and chop finely or grate as in case of carrot.
2. Place mince, vegetables and all other ingredients (except flour) in a deep saucepan and stir.
3. Place over medium heat and stir until browned.
4. Reduce heat and cook another 10-15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle flour over top, stir and cook for 3 minutes until thick.
Variations and Additions
1 T Curry powder
Textured Vegetable Protein or meat substitute instead of mince
Filling for Savoury pie