Photo’s by Rozy
Sate Chicken Tortilla Stack
3 chicken thighs diced
1 onion sliced
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Sate Sauce of your choice
1 Tbsp oil
2 medium zucchini cut into 5mm diagonal slices
2 large sweet potato cut into 5mm diagonal slices
1 red capsicum, cut in half to cook, and then sliced thinly
100g – handful baby spinach
1 1/4 litre thick white sauce
1 sliced tomato
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Bag of large thin tortillas to fit a 8-9″ springform tin
1. Marinate the sliced chicken in 2-3 tbsp of the sauce for an hour.
2. Saute onion and garlic until soft and add the chicken. Cook through and stir in 3 Tbsp sate sauce (to taste), simmer to thicken slightly.
3. Spray the vegies (except spinach) lightly with cooking spray and char grill in a George foreman grill, on the bbq or in an 180c oven until soft.
4. Make your white sauce.
5. Line your tin with glad bake and spray with cooking spray. Place a tortilla in it. Spread with a 3/4 cup of white sauce a swirl of sate sauce and layer with sweet potato, then a tortilla on top. Repeat with white sauce zucchini and spinach, tortilla; then chicken mixture, tortilla white sauce and capsicum. One more layer of white sauce and sweet potato and swirl of sate sauce, the last tortilla then a last thick layer of white sauce, sliced tomato, grated Parmesan and tasty and herbs of your choice.
6. Cook in an 180c oven for 50-60 minutes until golden. Cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes then remove the springform. Serve with salad.
White Sauce Recipe
180 gm butter
2/3 cup plain flour
1 litre milk
1/2 cup tasty cheese grated
good sprinkle of seasoned salt and mixed herbs
# Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the flour stirring (with a whisk) for 1 minute over medium heat – to cook the starch.
# Take off the heat and gradually add the milk. Put back on the heat and cook, stirring until thick. Stir in the cheese, herbs and seasonings.
# When you get to the top layer of sauce on the stack, thin it a bit with a Tbsp or two of milk.
Recipe by Jox