1 cup S.R. flour
3 tablespoons butter (3x20ml spoons)
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg (small)
3 tablespoons milk (3x20ml spoons)
* 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
* 1/4 cup sultanas
* 1 teaspoon peel
* OR 1/3 CUP MIXED FRUIT
Preheat oven to 180C.
1. Sift flour into bowl.
2. Rub in butter with finger tips till it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar, fruit and peel or mixed fruit.
4. Beat egg and milk together.
5. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and pour in egg and milk mixture.
6. Mix well.
7. Place spoonfuls of mixture on greased trays, allowing room to spread.
8. Bake in a moderate oven 10-15 minutes.
9. Allow to cool on tray, remove from tray and store in airtight container.
Variations and Additions
1/3 C Glace cherries
1/3 C Peanuts (unsalted)