Rich Chocolate Tart
100g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
1 tablespoon caster sugar
2 tablespoons chilled water
150g unsalted butter
200g good-quality dark chocolate
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons brandy
Cocoa, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 180Â°C (conventional).
2. To make the pastry, pulse the flour, butter, ground hazelnuts and sugar a few times in a food processor. Add the water and process until a smooth ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Roll pastry out thinly between two sheets of plastic wrap. Line a 25cm tart tin with the pastry. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Prick surface of pastry with a fork, line with baking paper and fill with uncooked rice or baking weights. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
5. To make the filling, melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
6. Beat the egg yolks, eggs and sugar with a whisk until light and fluffy. Pour in melted chocolate and brandy and continue to beat for a minute. Pour into the tart case and bake for 5 minutes. Remove tart from oven and set aside to cool for 1 hour. Serve dusted with cocoa.