Quick Beef Stroganoff
2 teaspoons olive oil
375g lean boneless sirloin or fillet steak, trimmed and cut into strips
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock, divided
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon paprika
125g wide egg noodles
1/4 cup ‘lite’ sour cream
1/4 cup natural reduced-fat yoghurt
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
1. In a large heavy-based frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef; fry until browned, about 2 minutes. Place on a plate.
2. In a same frying pan over medium heat, cook mushrooms and 1/4 cup of stock for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, fry for 3 minutes. Stir in paprika until well blended. Add the remaining stock and cook for 4 minutes.
3. While the mushroom mixture is simmering, cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt.
4. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and yoghurt. Mix well; set aside. Return the beef and any accumulated juices from plate to frying pan, reduce heat to low and stir gently. Stir sour cream mixture into frying pan and heat through.
5. Drain the noodles in a colander. Place on serving plates and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with dill and serve immediately.